The first week of March this year will mark 15 years since Dr. Gaston arrived in Harrison, Ohio and purchased what was then known as Cincinnati Southwest Veterinary Care.
Dr. Gaston attended his 25th year veterinary class reunion in October in Columbus at the OSU College of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Gaston enjoyed the opportunity to renew some old acquaintances and see some of the changes at the college. Also, he noted that it is remarkable how well some people age and how others show a lot more mileage during the same calendar period.
Dr. Gaston and Dr. Rauf have attended several medical continuing education meetings recently. While the State of Ohio requires 32 hours of continuing education (CE) every two years for license renewal, the doctors at Veterinary Wellness Center demonstrate a commitment to education, current knowledge, and excellence in patient care beyond the minimum state requirements.
Dr. Gaston’s recent CE:
- Healing Oasis Wellness Center 2010 Annual Convention for Animal Chiropractors in Spearfish, S.D. The 16 hours of lecture focused on neurology.
- The North American Veterinary Conference in Orlando, Florida in January 2011. Dr. Gaston obtained 26 hours of instruction in internal medicine topics, nutrition, laser therapy, and dentistry.
- The Ohio Veterinary Medical Association’s Midwest Veterinary Conference in Columbus in Feb 2011 and received 8 hours of instruction on OSHA compliance regulations for veterinary practices along with a review of federal and state pharmacy laws and regulations.
- The Ohio Veterinary Medical Association’s Midwest Veterinary Conference in Feb 2012 and received 20 hours of instruction.
- Dr. Gaston is member of the Butler-Warren County Veterinary Medical Association and has attended several CE meetings in the past year on topics such as antibiotic use, culture and sensitivity testing, and ophthalmology.
Dr. Rauf’ recent (and current) CE:
- Dr. Rauf is currently enrolled in the Chi Institute course in small animal acupuncture. She has already spent over 60 hours in on-line lectures and will be traveling to Gainesville, FL three times in the next five months in order to complete her training in June 2013. (This is the same course series that Dr. Gaston attended in 2003.)
- The North American Veterinary Conference in Orlando, Florida in January 2012. She received 26 hours of instruction on a variety of topics in internal medicine, feline-specific topics, and integrative medicine.
- The North American Veterinary Conference in Orlando, Florida in January 2011. She received 22 hours of instruction.